View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Version 2.3 - copy and paste 

Post Version 2.3 - copy and paste
I design textures for use in a 3D world, I use GLC Player to test texture alignment before uploading to the world for final testing.

In V2.2 I could click "Model" and at this point right click at any point in the tree and get the option to copy and paste.
This is a vital tool to me in the models I work on as they come as multi part obj files and are textured separately.
By copying and pasting I can build the models and check the alignment of the textures without having to go live.

I had not upgraded to V2.3, but having been asked twice about this functionality I upgraded and confirmed it is indeed missing. I've uninstalled V2.3 and reinstalled V2.2.
Is there a technical reason for it's removal?

The request is please could the copy and paste be put back in?
Or is there another way to achieve this?

I love this product, it is so straight forward and great for designing textures and being able to test them locally. I promote it to my fellow designers and have done a few tutorials specific to what we do, hence me receiving the questions but that single function is as I said vital to the testing we do.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:34 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Version 2.3 - copy and paste
Hello,
kite_artemis wrote:
I had not upgraded to V2.3, but having been asked twice about this functionality I upgraded and confirmed it is indeed missing. I've uninstalled V2.3 and reinstalled V2.2.
Is there a technical reason for it's removal?

There is no technical reason, it's just that the copy/paste has been made for testing purpose. I have removed it because I thought that this functionality was not finished...
kite_artemis wrote:
The request is please could the copy and paste be put back in?

Yes, I will put it back in the next release of GLC_PLayer.

@+

Thu May 03, 2012 7:38 am

Post Re: Version 2.3 - copy and paste
I know this is months late :(
But thank you so much for your help :)

Fri May 18, 2012 7:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]