View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Is GLC Player done? 

Is GLC Player done?
There has not been an update to GLC Player since 2.3.0 . And laumaya, the admin, has not said a word for a really long time (four or so months?). I respect you may be busy in real life, but we'd at least like an update once in a while.

But I'm here on the forum, so someone must've approved my account...

Is GLC Player still in progress? I would love to see another export format other than 3dxml. That is really my main priority because 3dvia, on the route it is currently going, is not doing very well, and since 3dxml already can be read by GLC Player, we are so close to being able to export to 3DS as voted before. We need an offline method of doing it, and neither 3DS Max's unofficial importer nor the one for Blender work as reliably as GLC, which has fantastic support and even the ability to see the instance's properties.

I'd also like to note that now there are versions of 3dxml higher than 4.0, so an update the GLC Player would be greatly appreciated. Just do a quick Google search of 3dxml importer, though, and see how much demand there is for such a thing and how few answers there are!

You can do it, you're so close!

Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:51 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Is GLC Player done?
Hi,
GLC_Player is not dead, it's sleeping :roll: for a while.
The développement version on GITHUB : https://github.com/laumaya/GLC_Player can export into 3DS.

I'm working on Qt Quick2 integration into GLC_lib, but GLC_Player is based on widgets and I haven't enough time to rewrite the 3D view of GLC_Player to use this new GLC_lib functionality. I think that the next version of GLC_Player will just use Qt5 with Widgets but I don't know when it will be released.

Perhaps I will create a new 3D software more modern With Qt Quick 3D view.

Thanks for your interest on GLC_Player.

@+

Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:34 pm

laumaya wrote:
The développement version on GITHUB : https://github.com/laumaya/GLC_Player can export into 3DS.

Could you or someone else please compile a win32 binary of this? I beg you.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:44 am

Oh my gosh, I completely forgot I created this post! It's so good to hear motivation has not been completely lost. I was worried I wouldn't see a reply. And dev version can do 3ds? Woohoo! I have never compiled a thing in my life and can't wait to find out how. I don't even know what's involved. Here's hoping.

EDIT: see this post for version 2.3.2 compiled for Windows viewtopic.php?f=8&t=968 ;)

Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]